There are four types of needs you can add to a project. Needs can be shifts, tasks, items, or positions. In this solution we will discuss shifts.
A shift has a date, start time, end time, shift role, and the min/max assignees.
An administrator or organizer may manually add, edit, or delete/withdraw a project shift assignment on behalf of a contact. They can do so in bulk or via individual shifts. For more information on managing assignments via individual shifts click here.
**Bulk Assignment Management is only available with the Professional and Enterprise subscription levels. If you have questions on your subscription level please live chat with us now from your VolunteerMatters portal or submit a support ticket here.**
Add Shift Assignments in Bulk
- Log into your VolunteerMatters system with the proper security access roles and then click on Projects.
- On the Project you wish to add assignments to, click the "Needs" button ().
- You can also click the on the "Dashboard" button () which will open the "Project Dashboard" page. The Project Dashboard provides a high level view of project analytics and data for administrators and organizers. An organizer must be assigned to a project to be able to manage it. Then on the "Project Dashboard" click the "Manage" drop-down button () and select "Project Needs". Both will take you to the same place.
- This will open the "Project Needs" page. You will see the various Project Needs: Shifts, Tasks, Items, and Positions. On the top will be the "Project Shifts" panel. It will display the current shifts as well as a buttons to manage those shifts (), schedule new shifts (), manage shift roles (), a bulk edit button (), and a bulk assign button ().
- To add shift assignments in bulk, click on the "Bulk Assign" drop-down button () and select "Assign Multiple".
- This will open the "Bulk Assign Shifts" configuration page. Here you can filter the shifts by date and then check the shifts you wish to add assignments to and then click the "Assign" button ().
- The next page will list the shifts selected along with information about your bulk assignments. That is the following:
- You may assign multiple volunteers to multiple shifts at one time.
- Volunteers must be in an acceptable status to be assigned. Click here for more information.
- Volunteers are assigned regardless of open slots, age restrictions, or required credentials.
Then click on the "Choose Volunteers" button () to open the contact chooser.
- You can use the contact chooser to select any number of volunteers**.
**It’s important to note that if you "check all" or "clear all" while in the chooser, it will only act on the records view-able in the list, not on all of the records that may have resulted from a search. For example, if your "Items" were set to 25, it would act on the 25 records displayed. If "Items" were set to 500, it would act on the 500 records displayed. The "Items" setting is at the top-middle of the chooser.
- When you click "Choose" It will add all selected contacts to the 'Volunteers' area of the "Bulk Assign Shifts" page. Then, click the "Assign Chosen Volunteers" button () to add all of the volunteers to the selected assignments.
- The system will confirm whether you wish to add the assignments in question with the "Assign Volunteers to Shifts?" modal window. If you are sure, click "Yes, ASSIGN" to add the volunteer assignments to the shift(s) selected.
- After completing you will be returned to the "Bulk Assign Shifts" page with a confirmation message that the assignments were created along with a list of the new assignments.
- You can then return to the original "Bulk Assign Shifts" page OR, if there was any type of mistake after you review the assignments, there is a one time only UNDO option to remove the assignments just created. This will remove all of the assignments you just created. If you choose not to UNDO at this time, you can always remove assignments later individually or in bulk.
- If you wish to UNDO, just click the "UNDO" button ().
- The system will confirm whether you wish to undo the assignments in question with the "Undo Bulk Assignments" modal window. If you are sure, click "Yes, UNDO!" to undo the bulk volunteer assignments just created.
- After completing you will be returned to the "Bulk Assign Shifts" page with a confirmation message that the assignments were removed.