System Maintenance: VolunteerMatters Components are Cloud Bound!
Friday January 23rd 12:00 AM EST to 10:00 AM EST
Great news! Closerware's VolunteerMatters Components 1.0 will be moving to Amazon's Web Services Cloud for enhanced performance and reliability. VolunteerMatters Components include Website, eStore, and Social Collaboration.
To check if you have VolunteerMatters Components 1.0, log into the member area of your website. If you have the following dockbar exactly, you have VolunteerMatters Components version 1.0:
If you still aren't sure, just contact support.
As we have grown, the ability to quickly respond to fluctuating needs for resources and bandwidth has become more important. In response to this growth, we have made a significant investment in a migration strategy to Amazon's Cloud services. In fact last March we migrated all other Closerware services to Amazon and we couldn't be happier on how well it has gone. The planning for this move has been months in the making and we're finally ready to "pull the switch".
Here are the details:
- The migration will start Friday January 23rd at 12:00am EST and finish by 10am EST the next morning.
- Your website will be completely unavailable at 12am EST as we migrate the data, configuration, and domain names (website addresses) to the new environment. This includes your eStore and Member Area of the public facing website.
- As soon as it is ready the website will be turned on on the new server and the DNS updated to finish the migration and end the downtime. We are looking to have the websites unavailable only until 3am EST. However, after this juncture the websites may appear live but may be in a transition mode with DNS and no updates should be made until we have announced the end of the migration on our Twitter and Facebook account.
- DNS changes will need to be made with regards to domain names. If we do not manage your DNS or have your DNS login we will be contacting you starting tomorrow to set up the necessary steps.
- Those that subscribe to the VolunteerMatters Components 2.0 for their Website, eStore, and Social collorabation will not be affected. These are any websites that have been migrated since September of 2014.
- The VolunteerMatters management systems will not be affected either. This is your contact database and volunteer calendar systems. If you do not have a website with Closerware you will not be affected at all.
- If you are WebsitePlus still you will not be affected.
If you have any questions or concerns about this scheduled maintenance, please visit http://support.volunteermatters.com or email email@example.com.
Amazon Web Services serve hundreds of thousands of customers in more than 190 countries via a steadily expanding global infrastructure. Your VolunteerMatters system will share the same infrastructure as Netflix, Pinterest, Shazam, Yelp, GE, Pfizer, IMDb, Nasdaq OMX, TicketMaster, Adobe, Nokia, and Linked In. The migration to this new service will require some down-time but will not impact your system data or configuration in any way.
Our entire team wants to express our excitement surrounding this awesome improvement. We're in the cloud! We're in the cloud!
The Closerware Product Team
For all product updates, tips, and articles:
Why did I receive this email?
We will no longer send product updates via email. These announcements are all being made via Twitter and Facebook, so please follow/like us so you don’t miss out on any news.
We sent this particular announcement via email to every VolunteerMatters user with administrative privileges – and that included you.