Depending on your attendance settings for the project, a volunteer may be marked present by default or marked as absent until they either self-check-in or an administrator marks them as present.
On the administrative screen, a user with a "dash" is set as absent (or not yet present) while those with a check mark are designated as being or having been present. Clicking the icon toggles the state between absent and present.
- Log into your VolunteerMatters system with the proper security access roles and then click on Projects.
- On the Project you wish to change the "Attendance" toggle for, click the "Needs" button ().
You can also click the on the "Dashboard" button () which will open the "Project Dashboard" page. The Project Dashboard provides a high level view of project analytics and data for administrators and organizers. An organizer must be assigned to a project to be able to manage it. Then on the "Project Dashboard" click the "Manage" drop-down button () and select "Project Needs". Both will take you to the same place.
- This will open the "Project Needs" page. You will see the various Project Needs: Shifts, Tasks, Items, and Positions. On the top will be the "Project Shifts" panel. It will display the current shifts as well as a buttons to manage those shifts (), schedule new shifts (), and to manage shift roles ().
- From there locate the shift you wish to edit and click the "Assign" button ()
- This will open the assignment detail for the shift in question. Here you will see those contacts already assigned to the shift. For the volunteer you wish to mark either as attended or not attended you will toggle the attendance button as needed.
Once you click the button the change will be automatically saved.
Green box with a white checkmark = Present White box with black dash = Absent
Note: If you are marking someone as absent, it will automatically remove any assigned credited hours.