VolunteerMatters offers API integration options through Zapier. This API integration is included your VolunteerMatters setup.
Zapier (rhymes with "happier") empowers you to connect VolunteerMatters with the other apps you use to run your business. This allows you to integrate with hundreds of other service providers and automate workflows. Zapier thinks about software integrations in terms of Triggers and Actions. Activity in one app triggers a resulting action in another app, without you needing to do much work (when compared to traditional direct integrations). Connecting two apps together is called a Zap. Zapier lives in the middle, monitoring your triggers, and initiating actions in whatever workflow you establish.
VolunteerMatters can be configured to notify Zapier whenever a new volunteer registers, has their information updated, when a new sign-up occurs, withdraws, or when a sign-up changes (i.e., the volunteer arrived or completed their assignment), along with a few additional operations. You may then use any one of the 700+ Zapier community members to "do" something with that information. For example, here are just a few of the actions you can automatically initiate at the moment a new volunteer registers or signs up for an assignment:
- Confirm the assignment with the volunteer via text or phone message
- Send a department head an email, chat message, text or phone message
- Add a record to your Salesforce database
- Prompt the volunteer to fill out a survey
- Send the volunteer a physical ‘Thank You’ card
- Tweet about it
- Send a Facebook friend request
- Add them to your Constant Contact, Mailchimp, or Emma mailing list
- Prompt them for a donation
If you already have Zapier integration with your VolunteerMatters system click here for information on getting started.