A credential is something a volunteer must attain or complete in order to perform certain actions within the volunteer portal. Some credentials are global and are required of all volunteers (signing a waiver, agreeing to a code of conduct, attending a training) and other credentials must only be attained or completed to sign up for a specific project need (background check).
There are four types of needs you can add to a project. Needs can be shifts, tasks, items, or positions.
For each type of need, an administrator/organizer may specify one or more project need specific credentials that may be required to sign-up for this need. For example, one need may require a special background check, a drivers license, or a medical certification. If the volunteer does not yet have one or more of the credentials, the system will give the volunteer the opportunity to apply for it/them when signing up.
NOTE: You do not need to specify those globally required credentials as they are included by default as all volunteers must have them.
To Add a Credential to a Project Need/Shift Role
- Log into your VolunteerMatters system with the proper security access roles and then click on Projects.
- On the project you wish to add a credential to a need for, click the "Setup" button ().
You can also click the on the "Dashboard" button () which will open the "Project Dashboard" page. The Project Dashboard provides a high level view of project analytics and data for administrators and organizers. An organizer must be assigned to a project to be able to manage it. Then on the "Project Dashboard" click the "Manage" drop-down button () and select "Setup". Both will take you to the same place.
- Both methods above then will open up the "Project Setup" page. Along the lefthand side of the page you will see the Project Needs: Shifts, Tasks, Items, and Positions. From there locate the need you wish to add a credential to, then click the "edit/pencil" icon ().
- This will open the "Project Need" configuration page. Here you can configure the need fields which include the Required Credentials drop-down. There the administrator/organizer can specify one or more credentials that may be required to sign-up for this need.
When you are satisfied with you configuration, click the "Save" button.
- This will return you to the "Project Setup" page.
NOTE: You can also set credentials on shift roles as well. Click here for more information on shift role creation.