There are four types of needs you can add to a project. Needs can be shifts, tasks, items, or positions. An administrator or organizer may manually delete/remove a project need assignment on behalf of a contact.
To Delete/Remove Assignment
- Log into your VolunteerMatters system with the proper security access roles and then click on Projects.
- On the Project you wish to delete an assignment, click the "Needs" button ().
You can also click the on the "Dashboard" button () which will open the "Project Dashboard" page. The Project Dashboard provides a high level view of project analytics and data for administrators and organizers. An organizer must be assigned to a project to be able to manage it. Then on the "Project Dashboard" click the "Manage" drop-down button () and select "Project Needs". Both will take you to the same place.
- This will open the "Project Needs" page. You will see the various Project Needs: Shifts, Tasks, Items, and Positions.
- On the need you wish to delete an assignment, click the "Assign" button ().
- This will open the assignment detail for the need in question. Here you will see those contacts already assigned to the need.
- To delete an assignment, click on the delete link () on the far right of the assignment.
- This will open up the "Are you sure?" window and you can then click "Yes, delete" to remove the assignment.
- Once this is done you will be returned to the assignment detail for the need in question.