Within VolunteerMatters, an Organizer has access to the Projects area where they then only have access to those projects they have been specifically assigned to by a Project Administrator.
The organizer also has limited view-only access to the contact directory - sometimes referred to as the volunteer database. You can view a video that goes over this functionality at the bottom of this solution.
The fields available to the organizer can be set by a Configuration Administrator in the configuration area of your VolunteerMatters system. By default, the fields available to the organizer are:
- Mobile Telephone
- Emergency Contact Name
- Emergency Contact Telephone
- Emergency Contact Relationship
If you would like to add fields or remove them from an organizer’s view, a Configuration Administrator can do so by:
- Log into your system with the proper administrative access and then click on Configuration > Database.
- On the Contact Database Configuration page, click the "Edit Organizer Contact View" button ().
- This will open the "Organizer_Contact_View" Detail View Configuration page. There are 4 main parts of the page, the Name of the Page, Section Fields, Section Order, and the Field Help Text area.
- An administrator can then move fields to and from the view by clicking on the fields and dragging and dropping them from Unused Fields to Used Fields in the desired Section and vice versa and then within Sections of the Used Fields.
- Once you have the fields set, just scroll to the bottom and click the "Save" button ().
If you want to create additional Sections within the Organizer Contact View, you can do so on the configuration page by entering the new Section name in the area where it states "Enter New Section Title" and then clicking the "Save" button ().
If you want to change the order of the Sections on the page, you can do so on the configuration page by scrolling down to the "Sections Order" area and then drag and drop the different Sections in the "View Sections" box to the desired order and then clicking the "Save" button ().
If you want to remove a Section on the page, you can do so on the configuration page by scrolling down to the "Sections Order" area and then drag and drop the Sections you wish to delete from the "View Sections" box to the "Remove View Sections" box and then clicking the "Save" button ().
Organizer View Only Contact Database