Within VolunteerMatters, a volunteer can verify their mobile number on their profile and then begin to received automated assignment text notifications via their preference settings. These notifications include assignment signup confirmations, assignment withdrawals, and assignment reminders*.
Verify Mobile Number
- Login to VolunteerMatters and click on the My Profile link.
- Then once on your profile you will see your mobile number and it will display an "Unverified" notification (). To verify it click the "Verify Mobile" button:
- This will first bring up an "Are You Sure" confirmation screen to send the verification text to the number on your profile. If you wish to process click "Yes, send".
- This will then send the phone number listed a text with a mobile verification code:
- In VolunteerMatters, after Step 3 above, you will be sent to Mobile Phone verification page where you will enter the code received on your phone in Step 4 above. Then click the "Verify" button.
If you did not receive a code within 10 minutes, you can click the "Send New Code" button. If you do not receive it then, please verify your phone number is correct on your profile. If it is and you are still not receiving please live chat with us now from your VolunteerMatters portal or submit a support ticket via email.
- After you click "Verify" you will be brought back to your profile page with a "verification code confirmed" success message.
- The next step will be to set your preferences to start receiving text messages. Click here for information on how to do so.
*Text notification reminders will only be sent between 9:00am to 9:00pm in your organization's timezone. The reminder frequency is set per customer. If you need more information on your organization's reminder frequency setup please live chat with us now from your VolunteerMatters portal or submit a support ticket via email.