The Per Project Volunteer History report allows an administrator or organizer to obtain a detailed reporting of all past volunteer assignments across a specific project.
The report includes:
- Pledged (A normal sign-up has "1" pledged volunteer and a group sign-up is any number above "1")
- Fulfilled (For shifts that require “Check In” or “Check In and Out”, a shift is not considered “Fulfilled” until the volunteer checks in. At that juncture the “Fulfilled” value goes from 0 to 1. Volunteer History with Fulfilled=0 means the volunteer was absent. )
- Description (from self-reported hours)
- Manually Reported
- Active Credentials
- Home Address
- Home Telephone
NOTE: This report also allows the ability to add additional contact information, such as Primary or Desired Volunteer Sites, to be view-able onscreen as well as via export. These additional contact information fields determined during your setup period display on the Volunteer Credentials, Volunteer History, Assignment Roster, and Project Organizer reports. By default each VolunteerMatters system will come with Mobile Telephone, Organization, Age, and Status fields included. If your organization is interested in adding additional contact fields to these reports please live chat with us now from your VolunteerMatters portal or submit a support ticket here. Adding additional contact information fields is included in certain subscriptions and can also be implemented via hourly professional services.
Running the Report
- Log into your VolunteerMatters system with the proper security access role(s) and then click on Projects.
- Click on the "Dashboard" button () next to the project you wish to manage. NOTE: An organizer must be assigned to a project to be able to manage it.
- Click the "Reports" drop-down button () and select "Volunteer History".
- This opens the "Volunteer History" page (per project). Displayed onscreen is a tabular list of all volunteer history from the last 30 days on the project.
It displays fields listed above along with any additional contact information configured by VolunteerMatters support for your organization. You can toggle the + sign to expand the information for each history record.
- The administrator/organizer can then filter the results via:
- Need Types - Include Shifts, Positions, Tasks, and/or Items in the search.
- History On or After Date - Defaults to one month prior to today's date.
- History Before Date - Defaults to today's date.
- They can also use the search box to further filter the onscreen results by matching any of the information on each history records. Including whether or not the record was manually reported, the volunteer was absent, credential names, assignee name, project, additional contact field, etc..
For self-reported hours on a position, they will have "True" for the "Manually Reported" built-in field. This field designates whether the record in the report is from a self-reported hour or not. This will allow an administrator or organizer to use the search box to either filter out or only include those types of hours if desired. An administrator or organizer can then utilize the “Search/Filter” box and enter:
This will search/filter for the value in that column and produce those assignments that meet the different criteria.
You can also view and export a report of those volunteers who did not attend their shifts to allow an administrator or organizer to quickly provide attendance statistics with the “Fulfilled” column. For shifts that require “Check In” or “Check In and Out” a shift is not considered “Fulfilled” until the volunteer checks in. At that juncture the “Fulfilled” value goes from 0 to 1. An administrator or organizer can then utilize the “Search/Filter” box and enter:
This will search/filter for a value in that column and produce those shifts that have not been fulfilled.
- The administrator/organizer can either export this information or click-through the need name to the assignment detail page or the contact name to access the contact record in question.
This report is also available on a cross project and per contact basis.