The Project Staffing Levels report allows an administrator or organizer to get a quick snapshot of current and upcoming project needs and their associated staffing levels across all projects.
The report includes (report column label):
- Project Name (Project)
- Need Type (Type)
- Need Name (Need)
- Need Start Date/Time (Start)
- Need End Date/Time (End)
- Minimum and Maximum Required Volunteer Slots (Required)
- Staffing Level Designation (Staffed)
- Number of Volunteers Assigned (Assigned)
- Number of Volunteers Pledged (Pledged)
- Number of Open Volunteer Slots (Open)
Running the Report
- Log into your VolunteerMatters system with the proper security access role(s) and then click on Projects.
- Click the "Reports" drop-down button () and select "Project Staffing".
- This opens the "Cross Project Staffing Levels" page. Displayed onscreen is a tabular list of all current and upcoming project needs across all projects for the next 30 days (default date filter setting). NOTE: An organizer must be assigned to a project to be able to view its's staffing levels.
It displays fields listed above. Depending on your browser width, you may need to toggle the + sign to expand the information for each project need.
- The administrator/organizer can then filter the results via:
- Sites - The different sites/branches/locations in your system. This is not displayed if your system only has one site.
- Project Tags - The project tags created. Includes both Admin and Public tags. Click for more information.
- Need Types - Include Shifts, Positions, Tasks, and/or Items in the search.
- Needs Active On or After Date - Defaults to today's date.
- Needs Active Before Date - Defaults to one month from today's date.
They can also use the search box to further filter the onscreen results by matching any of the information on each need. Including project names, need names, staffing level designation (Under, Fully, Minimally), dates, etc..
- The administrator/organizer can either export this information or click-through the project name to the project dashboard or the need name to access the need assignments in question.
This report is also available on a per project basis from each project's "Reports" drop-down button () and selecting "Project Staffing".
The per-project version of the report is the same report but without the "Project Name" and
"Site/Branch/Location" fields and without the "Site/Branch/Location" and "Project Tag" filter options.