Create a Shift Role
- Log into your VolunteerMatters system with the proper security access roles and then click on Projects.
- On the Project you wish to create a Shift Role for, click the "Needs" button ().
- You can also click the on the "Dashboard" button () which will open the "Project Dashboard" page. The Project Dashboard provides a high level view of project analytics and data for administrators and organizers. An organizer must be assigned to a project to be able to manage it. Then on the "Project Dashboard" click the "Manage" drop-down button () and select "Project Needs". Both will take you to the same place.
- This will open the "Project Needs" page. You will see the various Project Needs: Shifts, Tasks, Items, and Positions. On the top will be the "Project Shifts" panel. It will display the current shifts as well as a buttons to manage those shifts (), schedule new shifts (), and to manage shift roles ().
- You will then click the "Shift Roles" button ().
- This will open the "Volunteer Shift Roles" page. Here you can see the existing roles and their configuration (if created).
- To add a new role click the "Add Role" button ().
- To edit an existing role, locate the shift role you wish to edit and click on the edit icon/link ().
- To Delete an existing role, locate the shift role you wish to delete** and click on the delete icon/link (). **NOTE: Deleting a role will NOT effect previously scheduled shifts.
- When adding or editing a shit role, you may manage the following shift role fields:
- Name - Role Label
- Description - This should communicate the duties and procedures required to be successful in this role.
- Minimum Age - For each shift, you may specify a minimum age (in years) to signup and work this position.
- Required Credentials - For each shift, you may specify one or more credentials that may be required to sign-up for this position. For example, one shift may require a special background check, a drivers license, or a medical certification. If the volunteer does not yet have one or more of the credentials, the system will give the volunteer the opportunity to apply for it/them. You do not need to specify those globally required credentials as they are included by default as all volunteers must have them.
When you are satisfied with you configuration, click the "Save" button.
- This will return you to the "Volunteer Shift Roles" page with the new shift role added to the list of Volunteer Shift Roles.
- You can then click on the "Back to Project" button which will bring you back to the project setup page.